5 QT dutch oven

DeeC

Hi, thanks all, for looking! I found a 5 quart cast iron dutch oven today, complete with handle, glass lid and roasting tray. The dutch oven has the marking 5 qt on the bottom, and what looks like an F imprinted under the pour assist. The glass lid has a scallop design, and is marked 8C on the edge, and the roasting tray is marked with a 1, and either a B or an 8. The tray has three resting points and circle cut outs. It's in excellent condition, even looks seasoned. :grin:

From descriptions of similar ones, I'm thinking Wagner? Can anyone confirm, and date? Value? Thanks!

A picture of the do including one of its bottom would be helpful in answering your question. Often you can go to the reference section of this site and match it up with archived pictures or someone here will jump in and help you out.

Hi, thanks for the answer about the trivet. Finally got around to doing photos! There's an F on the spout, an a 5 QT mark on the bottom. Thinking Wagner, somewhere in mid century? Any thoughts on value? I'm thinking the trivet may be more rare than the rest...

Attachments

• 135dutchoven.jpg
    135dutchoven.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 135dutchoven2.jpg
    135dutchoven2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 135dutchoven4.jpg
    135dutchoven4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 25
Back