Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > General Cast Iron

Notices

General Cast Iron General Cast Iron Cookware Topics and Q&A

Old 03-28-2019, 08:31 AM

Default Day Trip Birthday Picking

We did a day trip Tuesday and came back with a few treasures. Most have made it to the Lye and hopefully will be ready to clean in a few days. Lids were on nonmatching pans but we were able to negotiate reasonable prices. Magnalite pieces are in good shape and will require minimal cleaning and polishing.
https://imgur.com/7BoPMxu
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2019, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Day Trip Birthday Picking

I see what looks like an iron mountain do lid... but that's about the only thing I can make out.... what else did you get?

(I know this is the cast iron collector site... but I love a nice magnalite roaster all shined up and gleaming.)
Old 03-28-2019, 09:52 AM
Site Admin

What are those green things? Pyrex? Do people actually collect that stuff?

Re: Magnalite. http://www.castironcollector.com/castaluminum.php
Old 03-28-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D. View Post
What are those green things? Pyrex? Do people actually collect that stuff?
We found two true opal Pyrex bowls in Cottonwood a couple weeks ago for $4 each. Now my set only lacks one bowl. I'm thankful for the lids I have been hoarding because the Green daisy's pictured didn't come with lids but the condition was too good to pass up.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:01 PM

Nice haul, nice to see the WI Queen still going strong. Is the plane marked Stanley or Bailey? The rusted skillet with the flat handle, is there a # on the handle? I have the #7 & 11

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0rru...sipEP5trcTNbGQ
Old 03-28-2019, 03:33 PM

Must be some sort of changes in Imgur that I can't figure out. Tried to reply to DMadden's question and add a couple new pics and lost everything. There was a #8 small logo Griswold, a #8 Wagner Ware, a #7 DO raised logo lid, a WW waffle iron w/ low base, a high WI base that had a wear-ever set of aluminum paddles (which I have no interest in) but the base is CI and goes w/ Griswold waffle irons. I'm attaching one pic of the teardrop type handle #8 skillet that has a heat ring (inset) with a single notch at 12 o'clock (pictured on the right) next to a #10 similar skillet we found about a year ago (same markings but no notches) that I have no idea the maker. Bot are well made and smooth cooking surfaces. Any ideas would be appreciated. The old plane is a Stanley "Bailey" #5C with three patent dates made around 1918. My second hobby is restoring those old things and try to get them back in the work force. Never know who may need one living "off the grid" lol...plus it's cordless lol.
May try to come back and edit this post and add the second pic of the bottoms of the two pans in reference since the imgur won't allow album loading.
https://imgur.com/DyU47E6
Here's the bottom pics of those pans.
https://imgur.com/XUN4KoO
Old 03-28-2019, 03:46 PM

Hi Jeffrey, it's good to talk to you, it been a while. I really like these unidentified skillets with the pointy handles. The cooking surfaces are really smooth. We have been finding a few high bases for griswolds lately which is good because we had some paddles with no bases. I thought about you when we came across one of the old gooseneck iron teapots. Are you still collecting the old ones?
Old 03-28-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFraley View Post
The old plane is a Stanley "Bailey" #5C with three patent dates made around 1918. My second hobby is restoring those old things and try to get them back in the work force. Never know who may need one living "off the grid" lol...plus it's cordless lol.
Bailey #5C, Very Nice. I have had quite a few Stanley planes over the years and restored them all and sent them to new homes. I still have the first one I purchased for my tool box years ago. It never sees any use anymore.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Scott View Post
Hi Jeffrey, it's good to talk to you, it been a while. I really like these unidentified skillets with the pointy handles. The cooking surfaces are really smooth. We have been finding a few high bases for griswolds lately which is good because we had some paddles with no bases. I thought about you when we came across one of the old gooseneck iron teapots. Are you still collecting the old ones?
I had a Griswold WI set without a base for a long time, but have since found one if it makes it here in one piece.

Are you still collecting the old ones? Yes, but finding new homes for them but not my Maine iron, staying with me.

Same back to you, life goes on. I have stopped adding to my Griswold collection, but never stopped my gate marked collection.

First choice for a skillet for myself so thin and light so I can have a larger piece of my grass feed beef. The real good stuff.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0XBb...XuOBfEbhi9WUuQ

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Uvz...7J1b4nMdOsJQ2w

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0HWu...Y6vsnVBN-E5oLw
Old 03-28-2019, 05:38 PM

Jeffrey, those steaks look good enough to eat. I notice you have my Spring Blossom green Pyrex pattern on your plate. That's the pattern on my user Pyrex. I like the fancy handles on your Maine skillet. We don't see many of the Fancy handles like you come across. I found 2 finger hinge Griswold waffle irons with the matching bases recently. I was pretty excited about that score.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:54 PM

Bonnie, the steaks tasted better than they look. Break off the horns flip once.

I do cook a lot of VT grass fed organic wagyu beef in my skillets. I find that the skillet gives just the right sear. Don't get me wrong they are good on the grill, but they are not the same.

"Spring Blossom green Pyrex pattern on your plate." The wife was kind enough to let me borrow it, All hers.

All my Maine skillets are wall art, never use them. I do like my wall art. I need a larger home.

I am not sure why, but I am getting back into early WI. I have never had a 2 finger hinge Griswold, yet. I do like to go for the odd items.