EBay issue

Steve O.

Bought an Erie #8 on the Bay. It arrived today and looked great but it was advertised as "sitting flat" and I immediately noted not just a wobble, but that it spins freely on the counter top. I wrote requesting a return and seller just responded that "skillet not warped and sit flat when I shipped it." What a load of bull. Don't think USPS shipping from Kentucky to GA suddenly caused the pan to be a spinner. He says I can return it but that he won't pay return shipping. I think EBay rules would require him to pay the return shipping. Am I correct? First time I have had this issue. I guess it was bound to happen.

Do a screenshot of the auction description so you have a record then video the issue. Tell the seller you will send the video for him to see that this was a misrepresented item and that you will "open a case" with eBay about this in order to get ALL your money back. I have gotten to the point to where I document everything from screenshots of the auction to videos of me opening the box and looking the item over - has helped me a few times.

Do a screenshot of the auction description so you have a record then video the issue. Tell the seller you will send the video for him to see that this was a misrepresented item and that you will "open a case" with eBay about this in order to get ALL your money back. I have gotten to the point to where I document everything from screenshots of the auction to videos of me opening the box and looking the item over - has helped me a few times.

Thanks Butch. Appreciate the info. Just got another note from the seller where he continues to maintain that the pan was not warped, but has agreed to refund the money and I got a shipping label, so I guess all is well. I will do a video just for reference. I thanked the seller for not dragging out the process.

He is doing this so the transaction can be deleted before you leave feedback and he knows he will lose a case anyway. If you desire you can leave feedback now or even from PayPal after it is deleted. Should this seller be out there?

I don't love sellers that try to screw me and lie.

Hilditch

And yes, he is responsible for a full refund and return postage.

Back