Sidney Hollow Ware DO

Thanks Shawn, do you have an idea what the lid would look like? Since I can't find a picture of another one on google search I am not sure what to look for. :icon_scratchchin:

Thanks Shawn, do you have an idea what the lid would look like? Since I can't find a picture of another one on google search I am not sure what to look for. :icon_scratchchin:

I dont know for sure. I would guess(and its only a guess) it would look something like this one.

Since it's highly likely the pattern was "borrowed" from an Erie (see RB pg. 147), the lid will probably look the same.

Doug and Shawn, thanks for the information. I do think Sidney used the Erie version for a pattern. This DO has a diameter of 9 3/4 which I assume is smaller than the Erie because of recasting. I think it will be quiet a task to find the original lid, I don't think an Erie lid would fit it.

Doug and Shawn, thanks for the information. I do think Sidney used the Erie version for a pattern. This DO has a diameter of 9 3/4 which I assume is smaller than the Erie because of recasting. I think it will be quiet a task to find the original lid, I don't think an Erie lid would fit it.

I was thinking the same thing, Bonnie. I have #7 & 8 Wapak DO's, both lid & pot are smaller than their Griswold contemporaries. I didn't know that Sidney copied Erie though, good info.

Back