Tea Kettle. Old or Repop Wood & Bishop Look Alike

Cal W

So this tea kettle popped up local. They were only asking $25. I did a quick little image search. I found one on etsy that looks exactly like it. They are saying it's from 1910's.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/665133494/antique-large-cast-iron-tea-kettle?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=cast+iron+tea+kettle&ref=sr_gallery-1-22&pro=1

Then I found another one that looks like it but its from the 1800's. But it's marked Woods & Bishop.

The lady said that this was in bad shape when the got it so they had it re-finished. It looks like it has clear coat on it.

I thought it was a reproduction so I offered her $20 for it and a little Corona 189 griddle which I know nothing about.

So is the tea kettle the real deal,,,,or I wasted $20,,,lol.

And I found new Corona griddles for $30. But the are a 189Y. Mine has no Y. Is it the same thing?

Thanks for any info.

More pics if need be.

Attachments

• 20190317_183326[1].jpg
    20190317_183326[1].jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 35
I tried to post more pics when I posted but could only get this one to load. I'll work on more pics.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Try these.

20190319_0954471_zpszfhy0ar6.jpg

20190319_0955251_zpsmfsxbv1l.jpg

20190319_0954311_zpskatrxkuo.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Man I'm messing this all up. I think I edited my post so you may not see that I replied. So I posted this to say I added pics,,,lol.

Can I ask where is local?

You write that it is marked wood Bishop, but your photos do not show this. Did you put up the wrong photos?

Sorry the title got me, asking about Wood & Bishop.

"So is the tea kettle the real deal" Yes it is a tea/water kettle.

It is A "Repop Wood & Bishop Look Alike", No

If it was a Wood Bishop reproduction it would be marked. Every Wood Bishop I have seen is marked and sells for a lot more than the $25.00 asking price.

Is yours old, without it in my hands to look at it better I will say not very old. Look at the washer on the lid, what type of metal it is zinc plated, SS, gal, steel, ci. Your handle looks to be stamped out of a press. Look where it mounts to the kettle.

Here is a photo of my Wood Bishop

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0D2HPcqXQh001E0pVRhfMwSkQ

So then. I would say mine is identical to the one I linked to on etsy in my first post. If mine is not very old, what does that say about the guy representing that one as being from 1910's,,,,lol.

I'll take a look at the washer. Thanks

Back