BSR without a heat ring?

BobbiC

I know BSR made a chicken fryer without a heat ring, but does anyone have or has anyone seen, a BSR skillet without a heat ring? I picked up two 3s at a junk store and after cleaning, one is a Wagner 3 and the other, which is larger, looks and feels just like my BSR 3 except it doesn't have a heat ring? What do you think?

Attachments

• no heat ring 1.jpg
    no heat ring 1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 54
  • no heat ring 3.jpg
    no heat ring 3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 68
There are lots of opinions on those, but not any proof. No catalogs show a smooth bottom skillet and the people who are still around that worked there have no memory of them. It's kind of like the "unusual heat ring" or "Mercedes" pans. They sure have all the other characteristics!

There are lots of opinions on those, but not any proof. No catalogs show a smooth bottom skillet and the people who are still around that worked there have no memory of them. It's kind of like the "unusual heat ring" or "Mercedes" pans. They sure have all the other characteristics!

Thanks - It is really identical in size, weight, etc to my BSR 3 - just no heat ring. I'm wondering if anyone else made skillets with a similar handle and numbers?

Last edited:
Back