Oblong Roaster

Nancy F

I found another CI in my pantry. Could use some cleaning since I know it's been in there for ages.

It's a Mi-Pet Roaster from The Western Foundry Co. Chicago.

Does this have any value? I am trying to clean out my 10' of pantry. :roll:

Thanks for your comments.

Attachments

• Smaller files (5).jpg
    Smaller files (5).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Smaller files (3).jpg
    Smaller files (3).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Smaller files (6).jpg
    Smaller files (6).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 61
For real? OMGosh, what a surprise and here it's been in my pantry all these years collecting dust.
Thank you. If there's a classified section here, I might try to sell it. I have no use for it. Price??? Maybe $20 or more?:confused:

Thank you.

One sold recently on eBay for $125, and did not have the original trivet. You should think more like $150-200. Buying and selling thru the forum is not allowed. Sorry.

For real? OMGosh, what a surprise and here it's been in my pantry all these years collecting dust.
Thank you. If there's a classified section here, I might try to sell it. I have no use for it. Price??? Maybe $20 or more?:confused:

Thank you.

I want to come clean out your closet and you can sale me all the C.I. pieces that you have no use for and I'll give you $21....
I think you should hold on to it simply because it is one of those pieces that is only seen once in a lifetime. I wouldn't take less than $200 for it but that's just me...Seriously...just keep it, you'll be glad you did.

HOLY COW! That's crazy. I'll have to think about keeping it. My problem is that I've collected so much stuff throughout the years and I have GOT to clean house. MDFraley, come on over and help me clean out my pantry. LOL. Bless your heart.

You all are making me feel guilty about even getting rid of it. Thank you for all your honesty and I do appreciate it. This is a great forum and I'm happy I was accepted. Thank you!!!

HOLY COW! That's crazy. I'll have to think about keeping it. My problem is that I've collected so much stuff throughout the years and I have GOT to clean house. MDFraley, come on over and help me clean out my pantry. LOL. Bless your heart.

You all are making me feel guilty about even getting rid of it. Thank you for all your honesty and I do appreciate it. This is a great forum and I'm happy I was accepted. Thank you!!!

If I were closer I would help you clean but Texas is a bit far and I would probably take a month to get there because I would be stopping at every antique shop on the way. My family reunion is in June in Kentucky so then I would be closer...Anyway, you hang on to that piece if at all possible.

If I were closer I would help you clean but Texas is a bit far and I would probably take a month to get there because I would be stopping at every antique shop on the way. My family reunion is in June in Kentucky so then I would be closer...Anyway, you hang on to that piece if at all possible.

Bless your heart. You sound like me. I would have to stop at all the garage sales along the way so we're even. Yes, I'm going to keep the pan but don't know if it will be used. I'm sure my daughter will really appreciate it when I'm gone. :frown: Not. No she won't. It's the younger generation these days.

I really appreciate your kind words. Everyone's kind words! Thank you!

I do believe I'll sell it. I've just got too many pots and pans that I will never use. And cleaning the pantry out was my goal. Honestly need it like I need another hole in my head.

I do believe I'll sell it. I've just got too many pots and pans that I will never use. And cleaning the pantry out was my goal. Honestly need it like I need another hole in my head.

If you still have it middle of June I would like to know. I'll make a special trip either before of after my family reunion in Kentucky and take it off your hands and help you clean out your pantry.....

If you don't already have a extra roaster I would keep it. If not I'm sure it will go to a good home. I wouldn't have it long before I had a chicken and potatoes carrot and onions cooking in the oven with it.

That's the thing, I have WAY TOO MANY cooking vessels, equipment, tools, etc. and I'm trying to downsize and clean out the huge pantry of mine so it's more in order. To me, it's just taking up good space. Haven't used it in 30 plus years so I don't think I would use it now. LOL.

Your chicken with veggies really sounds good. Might have to get a chicken out of the freezer and roast it.

Last edited:
Back