1950 Vollrath Catalog

David Luckie

I found this link while researching the history of various foundries and manufacturers that were involved in the U.S. WWII industrial mobilization. I forgot about it until a Vollrath pan crossed my path on Feebay recently.

Other research notes from that history project indicate that from 1941 through just beyond the end of the war, Vollrath was devoted almost exclusively to producing metalware for the Army and Navy.

For our hobby's purposes, the domestic production of cast iron goods can be divided into the pre-war and post-war periods. This catalog would have been designed and produced by 1949, making it one of the earliest of the post-war period.

1950 Vollrath Catalog 75R

Edit to add that the catalog states that the cast iron ware was preseasoned and ready to use.

It's rare to see catalogs uploaded like that, and sometimes that's all we have to go on when trying to approximate when something was made. Nice find!

I found this link while researching the history of various foundries and manufacturers that were involved in the U.S. WWII industrial mobilization. I forgot about it until a Vollrath pan crossed my path on Feebay recently.

Other research notes from that history project indicate that from 1941 through just beyond the end of the war, Vollrath was devoted almost exclusively to producing metalware for the Army and Navy.

For our hobby's purposes, the domestic production of cast iron goods can be divided into the pre-war and post-war periods. This catalog would have been designed and produced by 1949, making it one of the earliest of the post-war period.

1950 Vollrath Catalog 75R

Edit to add that the catalog states that the cast iron ware was preseasoned and ready to use.

This catalog is great. Thanks for posting. I didn't realize in our telephone discussion yesterday that you had uploaded the catalog you spoke about. I am still anxious to hear if you have a fully marked #6 . Thanks for posting

This catalog is great. Thanks for posting. I didn't realize in our telephone discussion yesterday that you had uploaded the catalog you spoke about. I am still anxious to hear if you have a fully marked #6 . Thanks for posting

Well, I had no phone conversations with guys yesterday, and I'm pretty sure we ain't married. ;)

Vollrath has a fascinating history and their cookware was pretty cool, too. I have a 5-gal Stainless Steel pot made by Vollrath that is built like a tank. :D

Well, I had no phone conversations with guys yesterday, and I'm pretty sure we ain't married. ;)

Vollrath has a fascinating history and their cookware was pretty cool, too. I have a 5-gal Stainless Steel pot made by Vollrath that is built like a tank. :D

Apologies to you, .I talked with a fellow yesterday who called me in response to a local Craigslist ad that I ran looking for iron. He had a Vollrath catalog he was telling me about and he had just recently joined this site , not knowing his name I put 2 and 2 together and got six!!! I have since verified his name and he ain't you. Sorry for the presumption, but I still need a # six Vollrath skillet.

Back