Cleaning Stuck Stuff on the Outside

CorneliaP

Hello there!
I got this bsr 8 chicken fryer. The inside is wonderful. But the outside is another story. No rust or anything but there is burned food or whatever on there.
Any way to get that off without doing the whole stripping and reseasoning procedure?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 90336D3A-5597-4C70-8106-BB1C7FC40A59.jpg
    90336D3A-5597-4C70-8106-BB1C7FC40A59.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 36
Unless you confidently know the history of the pan, you should really strip it and start over anyway. That whole notion some have of preserving some stranger's old seasoning is ill-advised.

Hello there!
I got this bsr 8 chicken fryer. The inside is wonderful. But the outside is another story. No rust or anything but there is burned food or whatever on there.
Any way to get that off without doing the whole stripping and reseasoning procedure?
Thanks!
Did you get this from a good friend it relative? If not, I recommend stripping and cleaning the pan regardless. You never know what was prepared in it and now it was maintained.

If it came to you from someone you know, you can use Dawn dish soap and a non abrasive scrubber to use in the outside. I wouldn't use any lye based products on it because it could remove the seasoning from the inside of the pan even if you did your best to protect it, unless you don't mind re-seasoning the pan again.

Remember, you will have to season the area on the outside anyway to prevent rust from forming if you clean it.

And so in the black bag it sits now. Better safe then sorry, you are right. It's from a neighbor, but of course I have no idea what she has done with it.

Back