First Wapak

GTurner

I found this skillet with extremely caked on crud. I found a diamond underneath lol. This picture of the skillet is partially cleaned. It's still in the lye bath for the fourth round.

The site states that it is a block logo dating between 1903-1910. There is a ghost of what appears to be 716A which would make it a Griswold pattern. Does anyone know when Griswold used that pattern number? It might help in narrowing down the years.

I'll post pictures once seasoned.

Attachments

• Wapak rotate 20180503_230404_crop_454x593.jpg
    Wapak rotate 20180503_230404_crop_454x593.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 101
It would be a skillet made using an Erie skillet either as or as the basis for a pattern. Griswold used the pattern number 716 on #10 skillets until the very last one made in Erie, PA.

When did Erie start or stop making the skillet design shown? I'm not familiar with the different series. I'll look at finding the page that shows the different series.
It would be a skillet made using an Erie skillet either as or as the basis of a pattern. Griswold used the pattern number 716 on #10 skillets until the very last one made in Erie, PA.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Would it be a 3rd series Erie skillet used as a pattern?

Nice find GTurner. It is actually very common to find WAPAKs with ERIE ghost marks.
So I've read here. I knew it was an old skillet from the outside heat ring. I didn't want to end up with another unknown manufacturer that I have from another purchase. This is a great score! I might finish it today, but it will probably be tomorrow as I have to watch my basketball today! Go CAVS! I hope that's okay to say in the site.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Unable to season pan this weekend. My oven stopped working. The eyes still work so I can cook. I need to get it replaced. One of the rare good things about apartment living.

Back