Can We Identify an Old Chicken Fryer?

JMoss

A few weeks ago a friend asked me to clean up an old chicken fryer he had bought online. For various reasons I was delayed getting the job done and finished it just yesterday.

It is a pretty typical CF. It is 3"deep, 10 1/2" ID, raised 8 on top of the handle and an inset heat ring. The lid also has a raised 8, the handle is thick, there are four concentric rings of dripper dimples on the inside and it has "ears' that cover the pour spouts. The casting of the lid is better that the casting of the pan. The pan has sever casting flaws and the cooking surface and bottom show signs of the sand shifting in the mould. There are no markings on bottom but there is what appears to be a dime size silver occlusion just inside the heat ring below the handle. The cooking surface was not ground smooth.

There are no other identifying characteristics. Hopefully the lids handle and the dripper pattern looks familiar to someone out there. Any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/a/6Z4YLMb

Jack

Looks similar to my Lodge raised numbers. The lid pattern is the stumper for me in I have not seen that pattern before.

Jack. I have looked thru all my reference material and searched for something that resembles your pieces and have come up empty handed.
You always come up with those one of a kind pieces that make us wonder who the maker was.
If you ever find out something please let us know.

Back