Mystery #8, take a guess!

I almost don't want the lye to reveal it, I'm having too much fun trying to figure it out :grin:

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I just took another peek, and a bit of crud broke off of the bottom, revealing that it's actually a #9, not a #8 as I originally thought.

I just know you are going to find Favorite under the crud. If not it's a Favorite Miami. The reinforcing pad like that was used on some Favorites.

Thanks for the insight, Steve.

Morning update. About 1" has come clean all around the heat ring on the bottom. The only mark so far is the very bottom of the size number "9" at the 6 o'clock position. I think enough is clean to rule out any kind of arc logo at the 12 o'clock position. I'm pretty sure the entire center on the bottom is going to end up being heavily pitted. Possibly bad enough to make any markings unreadable.

Inside still looks nice. Should be a great user!

Steve wins. The lye has revealed the top half of "Favorite", and the bottom half of "9". Everything in between is heavily pitted. Still looks like a good user. Next update will be pics of it all cleaned up!

Final result. Bottom is in just awful shape, but the cooking surface looks great. For $8, I won't complain.

Back