My BSR stuff

EricC

The individual pics I took of the markings didn't come out well so I'll try again some other time, but until then, here's my set of BSR pans, family hand-me-downs...

The #s 3, 5, 8, and chicken fryer appear to be red mountain, if they all are of the era of the lid. They were pretty gunked up and I stripped and reseasoned them.

The #10 is a '70s Century model. It had some seasoning on it and I've used it as-is. A little flaky on the surface but that's my fault from trying to force more seasoning on via stovetop and not knowing what I was doing.

The #12 I'm guessing is a '67-'68 model, post-DISA. The flashing isn't prominent but it hasn't been finished, a noticeable edge around the mold join lines. Cooking surface has a visible spiral pattern from the smoothing (it's actually quite pretty). "Made in USA" on the back.

Then I also have this camp/spider dutch oven. I believe it's BSR but if so it's a relatively modern example. I still need to clean this one up...

Some pics of the 3 & 5...

3F"dot"...

And 5E...

One interesting thing about the 5 is it has this separate upside-down "1" on the handle, haven't seen any reference to that sort of thing before. Anybody have any info about that?

Last edited:
Back