Chili Time

W. Hilditch

Wanted to make the chili in the cauldron but the seasoning is just getting going real good as it is 2015 new. Compromise. Browned the ground beef real good with some crust in the cauldron and then made the chili in the very well seasoned 14 yo Dutch oven. All are happy. As it is better the second day, the house smells good today and dinner tomorrow is covered with a Greek salad and a hot crusty Italian dinner roll.

Hilditch

Well Hilditch, you've successfully have put chili on my mind. That does look good and it was last last winter I made it last. That may be on my short list to do sometime this month. It does make a excellent weekend meal and you can smell it simmering late in the afternoon.

Spurgeon, I’m not sure how you knew the cauldron lid worked on the Dutch oven. I tried it tonight and it fit perfectly! The wood handle also works on the Dutch oven lid. It was made from a potato masher. I was going to cut the handle down a bit but then I wondered; why? Aesthetic it’s not, but it provides a good grip and is user friendly.

Hilditch

Back