Yankee Bowl

MDFraley

Picked this jewel up a few weeks ago at a flea market in Arizona. Seller was asking $20, I offered $10, we settled on $15. I could barely make out the ERIE logo so after a few days in the lye I pulled it out and recognized it was the ERIE Yankee Bowl #2 with the Patent Mar 10, 91 on the bottom.
Checked the BB P. 76 and see that the CI version has a better value than I expected.
It say's the words YANKEE BOWL were suppose to be on it according to the book description but as you can see from the attached photo it only has ERIE and the patent info.
What was strange is the Scotch Bowl shown on the same page has the exact description (less the Pattern #) as the CI piece of the one I got.
Since my piece did not have the p/n of 784 on it does it make it more of the older piece of 1891? Just wondering....
I haven't been keeping up much with CIC for several months since the accusation of our 1918 bank in Humboldt, Az. I was hoping to find some old CI treasures tucked away in the vaults or under the floors but nothing at this point. Once restored we'll be posting our CI featuring certain rooms along with displays I have previously posted here.

https://imgur.com/zawG318

Back