4th of July Bread and Brisket

Todd A

Happy 4th of July to all! I just wanted to share the bread my wife baked in our Victor Griswold#7 and the brisket we smoked today. I hit the stall at 160 F and had to finish it in the oven in my Griswold SBL #9. The last part of the brisket cooking was done with the bread in the oven. 7 hours in the smoker and about 1 1/2 hours in the oven. Our cat even like the Smoked brisket!

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1367.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 62
Todd,

Looks pretty much perfect to me. Funny how when you watch the "Masters" on T.V. they never run into the "stall".... I always do. Knowing same I start the smoke earlier in an attempt to compensate....still frustrating...one of those "a watched kettle never boils" things. :covri:

Looks delicious.... well done. :icon_thumbsup:

Charles

Yeah, it's funny how the masters don't hit the stall. But it might be due to equipment. How long do you smoke a brisket for? My smoker is very basic, but it gets the job done, well mostly. I am thankful that my cast iron skillets always can save the day! There has been more than one time that I have pulled out my CI to save a recipe!

Todd,
I only have one of those Masterbuilt units... they are very efficient. I do try to help the meat along , room temp. and pre-heat the smoker. No set time (size/weight dependent) ... I do try to limit the "opening" for basting, and, because I rarely smoke for the entire duration of the cook I am not opposed to doing just as you did, and, moving to the oven (when I hit the "stall"). My bride always want "medium well to well done" so internal temp. monitoring is mandated.

BTW...your wife's homemade bread looks amazing ! Nice. :bow:

Charles

Back