How Old and Whats the Value Help

Dave Brown

I have a #12 Griswold tite top dutch oven.
I can't find anything about it .
I also have extra smaller peaces for in the bottom of it.
see pictures

Attachments

• P1070713.JPG
    P1070713.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 72
  • P1070714.JPG
    P1070714.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 68
  • P1070717.JPG
    P1070717.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 65
That style Griswold TM dates ca. 1920-40. Value depends on condition, as in no pitting, cracks or warping. The larger sizes in excellent condition go for quite a bit, more if including an original trivet (if yours is not marked Griswold, it's not). Price guide books for the most part are outdated, eBay recently sold listings would give the best idea of current value.

the bottom inside has some pitting but there is no cracks or warping.
The trivet is marked Griswold
I can not find anything on eBay for a # 12 only # 8 and smaller.

One with slant logo went for $500 plus, no trivet, recently. Current listing for one, no trivet, at $900, is unrealistic. You may have to wait until some more turn up and sell to get a better idea. A fully marked trivet alone may fetch nearly $100 by itself.

I'm thinking a 12 DO is pretty unusual... and probably could be sold in $500 - $600 range...

I bought a couple of 9's with trivets for $100 each... and I've seen 10's sell pretty consistently in the $150 - 200 range. 11's and 12's are uncommon.

there are a couple of facebook auction groups that allow you to post pics and state that you are open to offers and you can accept or refuse any offer... throw it up there and see what kind of response you get... my guess is you'll get some very serious $500 - 600 offers fairly quickly.

ironman, patriot are the two groups that I can think of that are 'selling' groups.

I've bought cast iron from Iron Man Auctions sellers before. In my experience you get much nicer pans and they are packed extremely well compared to Ebay or Etsy. Anyway, go to FB and search at the top for "Iron Man Cast Iron Auctions" and you'll see it. Click on it, then you will have to ask to join. The admins are pretty fast approving. The other is Black Iron Cast Iron. They are the only two I'm familiar with.

patriot is the one I was thinking of that lets you throw up some pics and state that you are 'accepting offers'... you don't have to accept any of the offers though... it's at the seller's discretion... so not like an auction, where if the bidders don't show up you may end up having to sell it for less than you thought it was worth.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/patriotcastirontraders/

Back