Eggs in a #3

Nick_N

When you guys speak of cooking up a couple of eggs in a #3 skillet, are you flipping them with, or without a spatula, or are you simply preparing the eggs "Sunny-Side-Up". Just curious. I've been doing my "weekends only", fried eggs, in my trusty #8 BSR & Wagner, and I do turn them with a spatula. They do really well (slide around like on ice) and taste just oh so great, but I keep hearing people talk about doing a couple of eggs in a #3, so just thought I would give it a try....:?:

2 eggs in a #3 makes for a round presentation. I do mine sunny side up with a cover. Sure do like the crispy edge. Just like grandma made.

2 eggs in a #3 makes for a round presentation. I do mine sunny side up with a cover. Sure do like the crispy edge. Just like grandma made.

Yep, I read your post about grandma's eggs. Were her's sunny side up ? Oh, and what do you use for a cover ?

I'll flip them without a spatula in 3's and 5's but feel safer flipping 1-2 eggs in a #5. I love the smooth curvature the inner sidewalls of BSR pans have when flipping eggs. I never really appreciated that until I restored a #5 century series a few weeks ago.

I'll flip them without a spatula in 3's and 5's but feel safer flipping 1-2 eggs in a #5. I love the smooth curvature the inner sidewalls of BSR pans have when flipping eggs. I never really appreciated that until I restored a #5 century series a few weeks ago.

I'm not so sure that my culinary (flipping) skills, are good enough for that. I probably should stick to the spatula, or I fear an accident:grin:

I'm not so sure that my culinary (flipping) skills, are good enough for that. I probably should stick to the spatula, or I fear an accident:grin:

I did my first egg flipping over the kitchen sink. It only took a few flips before I built up enough confidence to do it over the stove. If they're sliding around on the skillet and they're ready to be turned, you're good to go.

When I cook my eggs in a 3, 4, or 5, I am often also cooking bacon or hash browns at the same time in another skillet. I will cook the eggs until the whites have set, then I will place one of the hot skillets on top for about 60 seconds. This gives off enough heat to cook the eggs from the top and then there is no need to flip the eggs, just slide them onto the plate.

Back