Which Book to Buy?

MelanieC

I have one unmarked Wagner, a couple BS & R, but mostly Lodge. For identification, information and photos, which book would you buy that would be all-inclusive. I have looked online at "The Book of Griswold and Wagner : Favorite Wapak Sidney Hollow Ware" but don't want to spend the money if it doesn't include what I have. Is there a comparable book that focuses on Lodge?

The same authors have a companion volume titled The Book of Wagner & Griswold, which primarily covers Wagner, secondarily Griswold, and to a lesser extent, Lodge, Vollrath, Martin, and Excelsior, all much in the same way the volume you refer to covers those others.

http://www.castironcollector.com/resources.php#books

There is no book which focuses on Lodge to the degree those two do Griswold and Wagner, and none at all on BSR. Information on them is mainly shared peer-to-peer by collectors.

One option is to purchase the best book (The Book of Griswold and Wagner) then collect what is in that book or just go it alone sort of without too much written material. Griswold and Wagner are the most covered and probably the most popular as well as having the most pieces of the best quality. Favorite would be my third choice to collect but many of the smaller makers did make some neat pieces, certainly Lodge is in there with some very unique but hard to find items.

Back