“Wagner” Sidney O.

Daniel T.

Bought this skillet at a flea market in San Antonio, Tx. How rare is it? They had it for $50 but paid a lot less. I hope I didn’t over pay. It’s a ‘Wagner “ Sidney O. #11. No wobble, no cracks, no pitting, but best of all the cooking surface is nice and smooth.

Attachments

• F465111B-FCB1-4F50-A7D9-8E082702E117.jpg
    F465111B-FCB1-4F50-A7D9-8E082702E117.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 101
9s, 11s, and 13s are typically the rarest of the larger end of any maker's skillet size range. $50 is already more than fair if no damage or defect.

I been looking on some website. These are priced in the $200- $300 range and much rougher shape too. This can’t be true. I plan to use it, not really a collector. I just liked the size.

I been looking on some website. These are priced in the $200- $300 range and much rougher shape too. This can’t be true. I plan to use it, not really a collector. I just liked the size.

Don't use asking price to judge value. Much better to use eBay sold prices to indicate current value. A quick look shows that these are going for $100–120 on the bay now. You got a very nice deal!

5 have sold on eBay in the last 2 months from $170 - $235. I have probably looked at around 8,000-10,000 skillets in the past 5 years, and my experience is that 11s are the hardest to find, by far. Much more rare than 13s for me. Great find!!

I just used it to cook with, this is going to be my go to skillet. I just love it. My daughter saw it and fell in love with it too. I just had to tell her “No Way, you can’t have it!!”

Bought this skillet at a flea market in San Antonio, Tx. How rare is it? They had it for $50 but paid a lot less. I hope I didn’t over pay. It’s a ‘Wagner “ Sidney O. #11. No wobble, no cracks, no pitting, but best of all the cooking surface is nice and smooth.

Is that a plated skillet? It looks very similar to a #9 I picked up earlier this year. It was completely black and I had no idea it was plated until it came out of the lye bath. Plating on mine was not in great shape. I've just keep seasoning it to make it look pretty but you can still see the plating.

Back