Some of my recent finds

Shawn R

I haven't been very active online lately but I wanted to take a minute to share some of my recent finds.
Last month we went to visit my dad in PA. We hauled some cool stuff back with us.
Here are some of my favorites. Wapak Indian Head waffle iron, Cresent odorless skillet and hanging skillet.
Here is the Cresent odorless with our unmarked Victor odorless skillet.
Image Image
Fair, Day & DeKlyne gated lids.

Nice score Shawn. Do you mind if I ask where in PA you were? I do most of my hunting in the western part of the state.

Nice pieces Shawn.....Bet your wallet is lighter than what is was when you started.
Quick question....Do you know if Fair, Day, & DeKlyne made a camp oven with "D" shaped feet that was so called "un-marked" ? I have been eying such a piece and noticed the style of lettering used for the size is very similar to what's on your piece. Both the lid and the camp oven are marked 12 and both are gated. I normally stay away from those pieces simply because they are big and heavy and usually not enough data to I.D.
Thanks in advance and show those again once they have been restored.

That is a very impressive haul. I've never seen anything like some of those pieces.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I had left the Cresent at the shop I found it but took a picture. The cooking surface is pitted. My wife said I was crazy for leaving it behind. We made the hour ride back the next day and got it.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Nice score Shawn. Do you mind if I ask where in PA you were? I do most of my hunting in the western part of the state.

Thanks Jody. My dad lives in York. We stayed within an hour or so from there. Went out 3 full days hunting, one afternoon for about an hour. Hit everything we could find from Gettysburg to Lancaster, Adamstown to Quarryville and Railroad. We had a lot of fun.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Nice pieces Shawn.....Bet your wallet is lighter than what is was when you started.

Yes we spent a bunch. I had sold a bunch of iron in the last month or so before we went. Purged some more common stuff and a bunch of stuff I had bought to resell. Still had to hit the checking account for a couple pieces. If I would have brought twice as much money I still would have come home with the same amount. (Not much) We left a bunch of really cool stuff, just didnt want to do any more damage.LOL

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Quick question....Do you know if Fair, Day, & DeKlyne made a camp oven with "D" shaped feet that was so called "un-marked" ? I have been eying such a piece and noticed the style of lettering used for the size is very similar to what's on your piece. Both the lid and the camp oven are marked 12 and both are gated. I normally stay away from those pieces simply because they are big and heavy and usually not enough data to I.D.
Thanks in advance and show those again once they have been restored.

I dont know if my camp oven is truly made by Fair, Day, DeKlyne. I bought them together and they had the same patina. My lid doesn't fit perfectly, little bit of movement. It has round legs. From what I have found, several manufacturers made lids with the same design. Glaslock, Knoxville Stove Works, Shinick Woodside& Gibbons and South Pittsburg Hollowware Works. Maybe that will help.
http://i.imgur.com/K9Kyo5H.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kbzP86T.jpg

Back