National #8

ZBaker

Picked this up from an antique store for $22. Guy didn't realize National was a good name I guess. Had a 40's or 50's Wagner Ware #8 also, asking $40 for it. Kinda second guessing my choice now. Skillet has a slight warp in the center. Not deep enough to make it wobble or spin. Also, never seen a National with a letter in the center, what's that about? Thoughts? Opinions?

https://imgur.com/gallery/YzL9G

Arc logo Nationals are also seen with a star beneath the TM. Letters were used in this way by Sidney Hollowware. This tends to support other evidence that the National mark was acquired by Wagner when they purchased the SHW foundry.

Just took a Wagner out of the e-tank. This one is goin in e-tank in the morning. Will post picks once it's cleaned up. I appreciate the help guys.

Just checked on it, has a ways to go but it uncovered the size number which is actually a #9 not 8 as I originally thought. Guess I should've figured that out when it didn't fit in my e-tank as easily as my other #8's. What effect would this have on value/collectability?

Got it cleaned up, no other marks were uncovered, just NATIONAL at the 12 o'clock, B in the center, and 9 at the 6 o'clock. Also, with the crud cleaned off, she's a spinner... Disappointing

Back