More horsepower for the electro tank.

I have had a electro tank for several years now and it has worked okay. But it was slow and often did not show any amps even if everything was hooked up right. I wanted to improve it but didn't want the expense of a new battry charger. About a month ago I found the neighbor had a golf cart that he uses when he plays golf. The cart was hit by lightning and his charger was killed so he bought a new charger. I rescued the old dead one from his outgoing trash. It was 36 volt output and needed to have the plug in changed to clips, observe proper polarity. Than I replaced the main power fuse and everything worked. The tank really foams now and well clean a #8 skillet in 36 hours instead of a week and a half. It uses more electricity but the time is cut by more than 70% so all in all it uses less electricity. I was worried about 36 volts might be too much but the extra voltage helps to push the current across the tank. The amperage is steady at around 3 to 4 amps. I find that to be ideal. So look around, if you can find a old battry charger for a golf cart you can make a super good tank setup. David

David,
Invest in some carbon plates. I can now clean the rustyest (if that's a word) pans you can imagine in 1/10 the time you are talking about. I am using an el cheapo Sears 2 - 10 amp charger at the 2 amp setting. The carbon plates are the best thing I've found to ease the electro process. No crud build up on the anodes and super fast.

I have a 10 amp charger with 4 plates of ss on a 20 gal container and only takes me like 4 hrs to clean the (dustiest) skillet to rid all rust and crud completely,and 5 min of elbow grease under cold water

Is it okay to post links to another website here? Not a sales site or the like, but something I found related to this topic?

EarlM
Doug is pretty easy to get along with. As long as it is relevant to CI cookware I think you will be fine. I have posted several other CI sites and haven't been criticized or repremanded

If you have the room in your tank, multiple anodes will help do the job quicker without any extra expense. I use a simple piece of steel, and by adding a second, the amp gauge doubled it's reading.

Back