Martin #3 Monday Morning Skillet

Will R

Kinda new to collecting and was wondering just how rare this little skillet is? I found one and didn’t get it because I was unaware of the upside down logo. I was reading on cast iron collector on “ rare and unusual “ and the Monday morning skillet was listed as rare. I went back a couple of days later and the skillet I had previously found was sure enough upside down. Just wondering how rare it is?

Welcome to the Forums! Im of little help , cause Ive never heard of that skillet.....post some pics.....Im SURE someone here can help.

Certainly unusual, but not exceedingly rare. I have a half dozen. I have to wonder if the urban legend about a foundryman with a hangover applying the logo upside down really holds water. Doesn't make sense if you think about it. More likely there was just a pattern, one of many used for this popular size, that happened to have been made that way.

Kind of what I was thinking.... thanks for the info, I was excited to get that one but the more I research it I was beginning to wonder if it was all that...

Back