#7 Wagner DO Top

Not absolutely sure about the exact lid your DO needs to fit the time era but attached to this post is a pic of a DO that fits your piece that I found in one of my WW collector books. Time period should be around 1910-1915. Think there was a transition period about then that WW was changing their lifting handle from a single knob to the loop handle. DougD would probably be able to confirm whether it was or was not a single knob lid for your piece. I've only found one that has that design but was not able to confirm if it was or was not made by Wagner.
https://imgur.com/CUePSHT

I'd say you're looking for either the flat lid with double prong loop handle (per BB pg. 245), or a "turtle top" profile lid, with the center hump that tapers to the edge with no angular break. The old knob top lids are of this shape. I don't think I've seen that lid profile with the tapered loop handle that doesn't also have WAGNER DRIP DROP BASTER incised (not embossed) on top and the zig-zag basting rings; that lid I would expect to see paired with a pot that has the word WARE added under the arc WAGNER. It's hard to say exactly which lid came with your pot because manufacturers weren't too particular about changing lid and pot patterns at the same time, often just using up remaining parts of older inventory, lids or pots. Also hard to judge by examples seen in the marketplace, as any lid from any era will likely fit any pot of the same size.

Lids with a similar tapered profile, double-prong "St. Louis Arch" handles, single drip ring, and stylized logo without Sidney -O-. appear to be from much later.

Back