ETanking in January

The thing that I like about using a combo tank is that I can use mild steel anodes with no degradation. The high ph neutralizes the acidity produced at the anode that will eat anodes in a lower ph solution. I use the same strength lye solution that most people use for their lye tank, 2.5% w/w (1lb / 5 gal). It works fast and well as you can see in the picture album that I posted in referenced thread.

http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1928

https://picasaweb.google.com/105980170291882110053/CastIron02#6138084356065412082

-Shawn

How much did you have to give for the SS tank/drum ???

Free :icon_thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Hello Shawn,

I see that you are still at it good for you. I trust that your e-tank is working for you as planned. :icon_thumbsup:

As for myself, I really need my 55 gal. lye tank to get things clean and ready for the e-tank, and I find myself more often that not needing two e-tanks at times. So plans for the spring. The other thing is that I really like my e-tank clean of all the black crud and old grease, so the metal pieces come out pretty clean then into the sink for a cold soap bath.

With the SS drum I can do a few pieces at a time, suspended at different heights.

Hi Jeffery,

My e-tank works just fine for me. I don't mind a dirty e-tank, but I do like the one and done aspect of the combo tank. To each their own, there is no right way, just what works for you.

I have a couple of 55 gal open top SS drums, but they are for a different hobby. I make beer, but I find that they have too much water in them, so I have a system to correct that. :grin:

I agree, what works for you and myself is not always going to work for everyone. But all this does is give them food for thought to maybe allow them to better their set up some way.

Now about water in your SS drums, what happened to all the beer. Time to make some more.:icon_thumbsup:

Doug, thanks for linking our original posts about our journey.

Back