Cornbread in a cornstick pan

JeffreyL

This may be a dumb question, but since I have a cornstick pan now I'm curious on how to use it. I make cornbread in my #8's, so do I just do the same thing as far as preheat, grease, and pour batter in? Is the cooktime different as the quantity in the stick pan will be less and thinner? If I make a batch like normal should I grab a #3 or something for the remainder of the batter, or are there specific recipes for cornstick pans?

As far as the amount of batter goes, depends on the size of the cornstick pan (the number of cornsticks to fill). I use the same recipe I use for a regular #8 skillet. It will fill about two of my cornstick pans. You can make half of a recipe and it would probably fill most, if not all, of your cornsticks.

I cook it for about the same amount of time. Maybe a couple of minutes less. Just keep an eye on it. When the tops turn golden, you're golden.

I've done 2 batches back to back on a single cornstick pan. After scraping off any bits that stuck with a fork I re-greased and repeated. The remaining batter didn't seem to mind sitting on the counter while the current batch was baking. This was before I had a second pan.

Sounds like you guys are talking me into going to get that Griswold I found for $23 to go with my BSR, I will obviously NEED it.

I have two and they are in use frequently. I agree with all that is said above. In addition, the sticks seem to be the perfect serving size, and especially so for snacking on leftovers the next day.

Well problem solved, I went back and bought the griswold no. 273 , originally they had it marked $50, they discounted it to $23, then I got 10% off. I searched eBay I figure I did ok but I didn't get the deal of the century either.
https://imgur.com/a/yi82K

I don't have a problem paying $20 for these. I don't have a problem paying less, either. I've picked them up here and there for $15 before.

Theyre not the best to restore....

No they are not! It is a PITA to "lightly oil "that rough of a surface. Best way to season one is to use it with lots of butter. I picked up a Griswold for $7.50 at an auction yesterday that had been painted and used for a decoration. It is cleaned, seasoned 3 times, and will be used tonight to make a ridiculous quantity of corn sticks.

Back