Dutch Oven Bread Baking

MKuran

Hi Joe!
What ever seasoning you use to properly season the DO will be baked on and won't be an issue.:)AfterI just made some bread in a Lodge No.12 dutch oven (with feet) last week - stuck that baby right in the oven on top of a travertine tile. I used Pam in the DO, and went up to 400f in it. When it was done, I tipped the oven and the loaf fell right out. No residue.:grin: It was honey wheat bread, and the recipe called for a tablespoon of honey...next time I'll use two...:chuckle:

Sounds good you mind sharing your receipt for the bread? :)

Hi MKuran! It's not my recipe, but I'm sure the chef (as I) won't mind sharing:) He's got many other bread recipes, just as easy!:tasty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcmS7uahscI

Enjoy!

Haha I was looking at his book :)

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Thanks Roland!!!! Will try that as well!!!! My son just moved out but him and his roommate eat allot of bread so they might like this as well... :)

Steve's presentation and recipes are also very good and easy to follow and duplicate.

When you get a chance check out Trevor J. Wilson on youtube. Tartine style bread...very challenging, but really good bread.

Back