John C Johnson Combo Cooker

DLipscomb

You just never know what's going to turn up at an auction...
We went chasing down a large Griswold which went sky high - no surprise there! But we did end up with a complete 3 piece John C Johnson Combo Cooker!! I've searched around to find the little bit of info I could, but nowhere could I find an approximate value of this set. Could some one please offer their thoughts or opinions of the dollar value?

I'm attaching a link to imgur... My first time using imgur, hoping it works out.

Thanks everybody!
Donna

Hey Donna, That's a cool piece! I had the top part (skillet), but never have seen the other two pieces.
Thanks for sharing, James M

Donna,
I don't know the value but I would be bidding on that wonderful piece of history.

Happy hunting

Jack

Really nice. With water or oil in the bottom that could be the original crock pot. Thus you could cook all crockpot recipes, slow roast pork or make overnight oatmeal and then use the skillet lid to fry your meat and eggs.

Value? Exactly what you paid for it. Cleaned up and seasoned at least double that plus.

Hilditch

Thanks Bonnie! He was from Birmingham! Rats. Hill ditch says it could be "the original crock pot" and Bonnie shows us it was invented by an Alabamian. Ugh. Now I want one!!

Thanks for all the replies! OK, so I understand we found a REALLY great complete set, which IS wonderful! But, if we decided to sell, what would be a reasonable dollar value to expect it to bring? Would it be best to leave it in its' "as found" condition or better to strip and season?

I really appreciate the collective wisdom from you all!!! Thank you!!!

Donna

Back