Please help identify...

DLipscomb

We have a #5 skillet that we've been unable to identify. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D+D

Attachments

• DSCN0189.jpg
    DSCN0189.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN0190.jpg
    DSCN0190.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 53
More pics of same mystery #5...

Thanks a lot everybody!
D+D

Attachments

• DSCN0234.jpg
    DSCN0234.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0232.jpg
    DSCN0232.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 45
lodge would have raised numbers and a more pronounced heat ring. the way the heat ring is it looks more like volrath but not sure about the way the 5 is written

Something more like Favorite or CHF about it. Would like to see a photo of the entire bottom including handle of the cleaned pan, which is often actually more telling than isolating close-ups on certain portions.

I guess it does look more like favorite the way the handle is and the rib. I think I had a favorite that had heat ring like that, its more like a ramp to the edge more than a pronounce ring. I thought I had a picture of it to compare but I can't find it.

Here's another picture of the full bottom. Thanks for the help.

It's CHF cast from a modified Favorite pattern. You may be able to see the patch outline where the name was filled in on the Favorite pattern. I can on mine, but couldn't make anything out in your pic. I've had this skillet in multiple sizes. If one where wanting to put together a cheap set of lightweight skillets as a gift to a family member who doesn't have trees for arms you could do much worse.

Thanks very much for everyone's replies to my inquiry!! I had to laugh when I posted this in the "New Collectors Corner" as we are just "Newbies" in the world of cast iron... But we are definitely hooked newbies! I really enjoy the pursuit of iron and especially the unusual pieces with little or no identification. Of course, that's when I eventually turn to the wisdom of the members here!!

Thanks again for all your help!!
D+D

Back