Help ID, Please

SteveT

Picked up these 2 skillets over the weekend. I am unsure who made the No. 7, and would appreciate any help. They've been in lye for nearly 48 hours, and have improved appreciably, but will need some time in the e-tank, to kill the rust. I screwed up by not getting at least a good pic of each, before they went in the lye - they were pretty crusty. Once the crud is gone, I'm curious to determine if they sit flat, since they were OK when cruddy, but that's a huge qualification.

Unknown No. 7 (no heat ring; large looking spouts):

(that's a dot inside the arms of the 7)

I'm not sure what to make of this incised character. I thought it was a 1, until I looked at the pics, and now think it may be a D

Lodge in next post to this thread.

Thanks for any insight,
Steve

A smooth bottom, non-chicken fryer BSR would be rare, but BSR is not known for putting size numbers atop handles. Considered separately, the characteristics of the pan in the thread referenced might be somewhat consistent with older BSR, but as a whole they don't quite add up to BSR.

The "mystery" No. 7 has gone down the road, to a friend who lives in Arizona. He received it earlier this week, and I'm still standing by for a report on his first go-around with cooking in it. It sits flat after cleaning, but has some noticeable pits in it, which should fill in.

The Lodge No. 8 pictured above rocks on a glass stove top, which is disappointing. I'm finding that I can tolerate pitting better than rocking. Maybe I just need to get a gas stove!

Steve

Back