Question re e-tank

KenK

I set up my e-tank and right now have a fairly cheapo charger with 12v-6amp and 12v-2amp settings. When I start off at the 12-v-6amp setting it shows it running at about 4 amps but then quickly it will drop to almost showing 1 amp will the amperage drop as the piece has no rust or maybe my meter is messed up When I look down into the tank I see bubbles coming up for the piece so I'm wondering if something is wrong with my set up or charger

thanks

Ken

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

also trying to figure out what's cheapest as unless you have a source of scrap donor iron for next to nothing it may run about the same costs as using vinegar

Am assuming you are using a manual charger. What's going on might be related to poor electrical contact at the pan. Try using a s/s wire brush to clean the area you attach the clamp to, and see if that gives a better, more consistent amp reading. It should not drop as the pan becomes cleaner.

Cheapest anode metal I can think of is cutting open and flattening out empty tin cans. The side under paper labels is bare metal.

thanks Doug. tin cans may be the best bet I'll eventually figure it out, though I think the problem may be related to the charger itself I'm attaching the clamps to bare metal but I'll experiment with my next few coming up

Back