BS&R or Lodge

BrentS

I came across an number 8 chicken fryer with lid today... it’s got the raised number 8 on the lid and Handel.... So I thought it was a older lodge.. but the bottom of the lid has the same pattern basters as a BS&R not the points or spikes like a lodge has... So which maker made this ? Thx

Sorry... My pictures don't work for this forum and I'm not interested in using any another picture hosting sites just for pictures on this forum. All the other forums i'm on, the pictures I post are not an issue..... Just here. So, I don't post pictures on here anymore.... I don't want to make anyone mad..... Anyway... My question is .... Did BS&R ever use raised numbers on there skillets and lids? or was lodge the only one to use raised numbers? It is a matched set also. Thanks!

The photos you previously posted were entirely too large to be reasonably viewed without scrolling left/right/up/down in order to view them, and they would be too large regardless of which hosting site you linked them from. Some I added RIMG tags to in order to make them viewable without the unnecessary scrolling, and asked you to read the photo posting stickies which contain clear instructions on how to do just that for yourself, or to resize them smaller before uploading. It doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else on this forum.

Sorry... My pictures don't work for this forum and I'm not interested in using any another picture hosting sites just for pictures on this forum. All the other forums i'm on, the pictures I post are not an issue..... Just here. So, I don't post pictures on here anymore.... I don't want to make anyone mad..... Anyway... My question is .... Did BS&R ever use raised numbers on there skillets and lids? or was lodge the only one to use raised numbers? It is a matched set also. Thanks!

Just use the mobile app, works great, no stupid links, no oversize pics, no Admins bothering you. This is the only place besides OfferUp that makes using your phone easier than a desktop.

If you can't take the 30 seconds necessary to resize pictures so they don't ruin the forum experience for other users then how do you expect to obtain an answer to your question. Furthermore, if you can't identify the manufacturer of the pieces how can you guarantee that they are a matched set?

If you can't take the 30 seconds necessary to resize pictures so they don't ruin the forum experience for other users then how do you expect to obtain an answer to your question. Furthermore, if you can't identify the manufacturer of the pieces how can you guarantee that they are a matched set?
Well Jared I use tiny pics ... I've looked and tried and tried to resize my picure's many times with no luck.... If it only took me 30 seconds to fix the problem... It wouldn't be an issue..... I'm far from being lazy.... Computer challenged.. Yes, but lazy.... Oh hell no!

Lloyd.... I'll check out the mobile app.... I haven't tried that yet. Thank you Sir!

e12b6cfaa30fea9606eb0f738ea54a79.jpg

781dd3c939aa964a19d53ed73cacd94f.jpg
a8c9e50cbf1c5246e285e2e47d53ad14.jpg
2bd3b8e4e7233fad4459de00e5d7030f.jpg

Here’s the photos... thx

I'd say the answer to the original question is "neither". A lot of Lodge-like characteristics on both pieces, but not the lid handle and not the basting dimples. Early BSR basting dimples are never that uniformly radial, and BSR chicken fryers don't have handles like that nor heat rings.

That's one of the nicest mystery pans I've seen. I don't know who made it, nothing we've ever seen from Lodge or BSR for certain. I'd say definitely a match, those eights are identical. Very nice piece, now I want one!.

Back