Diamond A

BrentS

I picked up a chicken fryer w/ helper Handel yesterday.... The only markings are a 3/4 inch diamond with a an A in the middle at the 6 o’clock position near the Handel. Has anyone seen this mark on a piece of cast iron ? It also has a heat ring and appears to be a number 8. Would like to know the maker, age and possible value. Thanks for the replies....

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

My research shows some Canadian manufacturers use the diamond logo with a number inside of it… My diamond logo has the letter A inside. Its still in the lye bath. I was really hoping this would be a favorite when I purchased it. It’s a nice quality cast iron piece that sits nice and flat.

Upon more research.... I’m thinking this could be a Ashburn. They apparently used a diamond A logo. This is a favorite copy. Glad I came upon this piece.

Unmarked CHF, made from acquired Favorite Piqua patterns. They are also seen with B, C, D, and DD, all pattern identifiers. Manufacturers were rarely coy about their marked goods. More often than not, an A is just an A.

Thanks for the info.... Would theses be seen as a collectible since the favorites are? I looked on eBay ... none to be found.

Well it's fresh out of the oven with it's 3rd coat of seasoning.... It came out great. Thanks for the info... Now I need to find the lid that goes with it.

Back