Lodge theme/advertising pieces list.

I am also curious about of the Lodge Wildlife series dates. My wife's cousin has their grandmothers "old" skillet with the deer. They think its old but everything I've read says it is from the early 90's.

Found another one. Woot.com branded.

Information here: http://home.woot.com/blog/post/lodge-cast-iron-12-woot-skillet

Finally, the Woot-branded pan you’ve been waiting for all week!

You’ve dabbled in the Woot-Offs. You’ve purchased a monkey or two. You’ve fought viciously with our servers to attain your very own Bag of Crap and hidden your disappointment at its actual crappiness. But now it’s time to take the next step in your devotion, dear Wooter. It’s time for you to be branded.

Not literally, mind you. That would be painful and traumatic, and recent marketing studies show customers react negatively to traumatic and painful things. So while we figure out a painless and pleasant way to forcibly burn our logo into your skin, we’ll settle for offering you this (probably) highly-sought-after collectors’ item: the Lodge 12" Woot Skillet!

Lodge L10SKWOOT 12” Cast Iron Woot! Skillet

Attachments

• Lodge_Cast_Iron_12__Woot_SkilletkvoDetail.jpg
    Lodge_Cast_Iron_12__Woot_SkilletkvoDetail.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 58
Another possible?? Was advertised as Lodge..

Martha White promotional skillet.

Attachments

• Martha_White.jpg
    Martha_White.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 53
I've been coming across a few "The Palm Restaurant" grill skillets recently, any idea if these are also made by Lodge, and the possible age?

Thanks all!

-J

I was wondering if any one could ever come up with a date on the wild life series, I have the Bass I inherited it from my grandmother after she passed away a few years ago and it in unmarked so I have no way to know when it was made although it does not appear to have the bumpy surface like the newer lodge stuff. Anybody that can help it would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 34
Regarding Lodge's American Wildlife series, this is all I know:

"In 1992 A&B foundry (Birmingham Stove & Range) shut down permanently. As part of its debt settlement, the design and ownership of the Sportsman grill was passed on to Lodge Manufacturing. During the years 1992 through 1997, Lodge produced its own "American Wildlife" series of cast iron pans. There were four designs in this series, displaying artistic images of a design of a fish (Largemouth Bass), a duck (Mallard), deer (Whitetail Deer), and a dog (Pointer hunting dog). While the "Wildlife" series name applied specifically to five cast iron skillets produced this series, Lodge added the "duck" design to the Sportsman grill, along with the deep fish fryer seen below. This was the exact same grill, except that the charcoal door on the front had an artistic design of a duck plus background scenery. The attractive design of this grill has made it into a collector's items on its own, and despite its relatively "new" age (as of this writing, in 2016, the "duck design" grill was only produced twenty to twenty-five years ago), this grill can fetch high prices on eBay and other antique markets. The "American Wildlife" series was last produced in 1997, though Lodge continued producing the Sportsman grill with the duck design as late as 2002. After this point, the Sportsman grill was produced with the modern-day Lodge Cast Iron logo."

Quoted from:
http://www.modemac.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Sportsman_Grill_by_Birmingham_Stove_and_Range

The four designs were made in 10" versions. The duck was also made in an 8" version, which I know came as part of a set with another 10". Not sure if the 8" duck was available open stock.

3g3kn.jpg

I got a couple more of the Crackle Barrel stuff, but its buried.

My wishlist of future finds includes more of the wildlife series.

I recently purchased the Buffalo 10" skillet from Walmart. They had them online for $12.97/ea. I bought 4. About a week later, I noticed the price had jumped to $25.97. I guess I got a deal. I saw them on ebay for $150.

Guitar skillet

Called Lodge last week to ask about the guitar skillet and was told that it will be cast late October or into November in time for holidays.
Hope so because it is nice for players.

I seen this was a older thread that was bumped the other day but it was interesting to see and read nonetheless. The wildlife series would be something I would display in the kitchen just as decoration and I hadn't thought about doing with CI. What I have hanging on wall I use and could be viewed decorations to some.

You guys and gals might make a collector out of me yet. The buffalo one kinda cool too.

Steve,

I live about 1 1/2 hours from the lodge plant. They are going strong and in fact working on an expansion that will more than double their capacity. That is a strong testament to how Americans have rediscovered CI cookware. I have 2 Lodge pieces that are only 2 or 3 years old and they are very well made with good thick sides and bottoms.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread I just thought you might be interested in the expansion going on there.

Back