10" camp dutch oven

Brandon_N

I just picked this up a few days ago it was real dirty so I cleaned it and re-seasoned it. I am 99% sure it is a Lodge but I have never seen a Lodge with raised # on the bottom of the oven. Is this a Lodge? And what era is it from? I think it is an older one. I have what I believe is a Lodge spider and they are similar. They both have little divots on the inside where the 3 legs are and they are my only Lodges like that. The spider has nothing on the bottom. And the lid on the spider is marked "8" and "10 in" Also the 10's seems to be in the exact same place on both lids. The casting seems good on this oven.

PS this is my first post.

Thanks, Brandon

Click on image to enlarge
Lodge 10.jpg
Lodge 10 1.jpg
Lodge 10 2.jpg

It's a Lodge. Made from ~ 1915 on. The raised marking would tend to indicate earlier in that range.

That's what I was hoping for. So I shouldn't feel bad for spending $30 on a good old piece of cast iron. I don't need another 10" I already have 2 lodge 10" and 1 lodge deep 10". Then another 5 with no feet 2 griswolds, 2 lodges, and a Korean one that was my grandfathers. These 10" are probably my favorite little dutch ovens to use especially for a family of 4. So I have a hard time passing up on them.

Brandon

Back