"ERIE" Kettle

Kyle S.

Hello everyone. I have a few questions about an "ERIE" kettle I saw today. It had two rings on each side, besides the bail wire rings, a round bottom and a collar around the bottom sticking out about an inch all the way around. It was fitted with a lodge "10 DO lid. I was wondering what it is for? I was also wondering what it might be worth? It is pitted pretty bad at the bottom, see pic, but 28 for both an "ERIE" piece and a lodge lid sounded cheap to me. I am asking because I might want to flip this piece to fuel my skillet obsession. Sorry my pictures aren't better, I didn't realize until I got home I didn't get one of the whole piece. The ring is pictured on the first pic but there are two small "ears" in the middle of the pot on each side with rings hanging out of them Any info or thoughts would be appreciated.
Kyle
Plus there is a 5 stamped on the top of the lodge lid. It is small but I have never seen that before. Is it Chinese? Thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

• 501098267.jpg
    501098267.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 501098399.jpg
    501098399.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 50109824559__58FF259B-2721-41C1-83D6-FDB9E3AEF1AF.jpg
    50109824559__58FF259B-2721-41C1-83D6-FDB9E3AEF1AF.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 61
From the bottom, it appears to be a footed kettle or a low footed kettle. From the top, it looks more like a scotch bowl. Really can't tell, and as I'm sure you know, the reason photos of the entire item are requested for ID. Two assist rings would unusual in any case, but the design of the bail attachments would make having one on each side feasible. The lid, if Lodge, would not be Chinese.

I totally missed the rim part, thought you were talking about assist "rings".
It's a rimmed kettle:
XnzuzDZ.jpg

The rim allows it to fit more than one size stove eye.

Thanks Doug! I am amazed by what you dig up.
It it worth 28$? All this research I have done has made me like it a bit?
Kyle

Back