"King" cast iron ashtray

EarlM

I picked up this ashtray at a flea market yesterday. I have only been able to find one other picture of it online, but no information.
It appears to have at least some age, and isn't bulky like a lot of the new or repro pieces. It has a heat ring on the bottom, a fairly detailed handle, and the nice logo.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
(I had to create a new image hosting account on Flikr because for some reason I could not login to my original account)

Link:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/133297808@N03/6f7jeF

It looks like there was a King Stove and Range in Sheffield AL. Maybe it was made by them. It looks well made. I hope you post a pic after it's cleaned up.

KSR was the predecessor to Martin. I don't know if this ashtray is that King, but there is an ashtray on eBay right now that looks remarkably similar to it marked Fireplaces by Martin, which I also don't know to be related to Martin Stove & Range.

Thanks guys!
I thought it could be a KSR, as that is in the general area where it was purchased (North AL). But, I haven't had any luck finding that logo.
I also saw a King Hardware mentioned on another part of this site, but can't recall what it was in relation to.
It is a well made ashtray. It appears that it may have been painted black sometime throughout its travels.

Back