Wrought Iron Range Co.

KevM

have these in my pile of stuff. they are pretty light and warped and have
W I C CO on the handles. I have 2 of them but there warped. even thought there warped are they rare or collectable? not sure if I want to keep and display or sell them

Their idea to cast stoves out of wrought iron was a great idea, solved a huge and costly shipment breakage problem. Not such a good idea for cookware, though. I'd put them in the realm of collectible, but finding one that's not warped is a chore.

If I had one of those I think I would clean and season it and hang it on my kitchen wall to use as a chalk board. I saw one on etsy that looked pretty cool.

Hi KevM:
I recently purchased a pile of CI, and one of the pieces was a WIRCO +/- 8 sized skillet. Beautiful handle and design and pour spouts, but talk about a SPINNER!

Still an interesting piece of history!

-J

Picked mine up a while ago and finally got around to cleaning it last week. I really like the look of it, but it is a spinner.

Attachments

• WIR Co 001.jpg
    WIR Co 001.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 24
That looks pretty flat to one that I have. You could almost use it as a large ladle. I was debating on trying to slowly heat it up in a grill or fire and sandwich it between 2 steel plates with a clamp or something.

Back