Small Dutch Ovens

Adam_R.

Hello,

I've been looking to expand my dutch oven collection and was trying to find something smaller than an 8. I've been having troubles so I took a look at the listings on eBay for reference and was surprised not to see anything smaller than an 8 unless it was enamel.

Were smaller raw iron dutch ovens made? If so, how common?

Thanks!

Adam

yes they make smaller DO. I believe 6 is the smallest but not 100% sure they may even make a toy DO

I have a CI Griswold #6 and a Wagner #7 in aluminum. You don't see 6s or 7s nearly as often as 8s and above.

I have the fully marked iron Griswold DOs 7,8,9,10

I know were a #11 is, but they are not ready to part with it yet. Looking of the #6

Griswold and Wagner both made a #6 DO. Sizes I have seen by Wagner are 6,7,8,9,10, and 11. Griswold 6,7,8,9,10,11,12, and 13.

Bonnie, I just saw post #4 on this thread, and want to thank you for it. I did not know that there were any 2 Qt. CI pots to be had--am glad to know!

Just got a new cast iron Dutch oven, the first in 15 years. It is ceramic coated except for the CI lid lifter but does not have any markings whatsoever. The bail is well balanced.

A neat thing about this DO is that the lid fits a Lodge skillet I have perfectly. Lids for this skillet are hard to find.

The DO weighs over 2 lbs. and holds 1 cup. A great single serving size. The skillet is marked size 0 so this must be a size 0 Dutch oven.

Hilditch

CJ, these ain’t cheap but they are good for the future of unmarked vessels. The depth of the engraving is deeper than most (by about 4/10,000“) and will last longer. Good service too and they slip in and out of a hot handle holder with ease. Also no extra charges per line or letter. I bought 3/4” rings separately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281012540591?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

For double the price they will engrave the back with “USED BY - GEORGE - WASHINGTON”.

Hilditch

Good idea for future identity. Can go to lots of pet places and have personalized dog tags made by a machine. You input what you want engraved, pay the price, and the machine does the rest.

Back