Lodge? Sauce Pan #3

D_Madden

https://imgur.com/gallery/hBijQhy

anyone have any info on this little guy?
no real identifying characteristics other than the raised size on top of the handle, no markings... nice smooth casting.
I've seen examples of the other 'long handle' sauce pans with the 'quart' writing on top of the handles... and I've seen examples like this one on the interwebs identified as lodge... but looking for any details anyone may have... were the raised size versions earlier than the 'quart' marked ones? are they really lodge? time frame?

Does it hold 3 quarts? The ridge on the bottom reminds me of BS&R, but they didn't have raised 3 and they have a longer handle.

No info that I can verify it's maker but if you look on p.222 of the RB, the skillet handle sure looks a lot like the one on your sauce pan. As a matter of fact many of the Lodge skillets in the 1920-1930 era appear to have the ridge that resembles the BSR ridges. Lodge put a heat ring on most all of their CI pieces so that feature doesn't appear on your piece.
Maybe it's one of those pieces that a lesser known foundry copied from other foundries such as Lodge/BSR, Etc. and was offered locally to their base of customers. In any case it's a nice piece of CI and most definitely not Asian made.

Back