Found a National #8

TyHiggins

Well I'm almost certain it is, it's in the bath right now. The bottom is thoroughly encrusted, but from the shallowness, weight, handle, and heat ring I'm betting green money it is. It almost looks like it could have a diamond shape large logo in the center, similar to the Miami in size and shape, did National do a logo like that? Hard to tell under all that carbon, but that's always the best part to me, so I didn't rue the $12 it cost.

At the next place I got a 3 notch Lodge #3 for $4.50, I'm guessing an old unnamed Wagner #3 for $8, it has a smooth bottom and large 3 at the 6 o'clock in addition to the one on the handle. I'm a sucker for high quality #3's what can I say? Then for $8 I grabbed a nice #5 unnamed Wagner, and a #6 smooth bottom Wagner for $10. What I thought was a really rusty Lodge Dutch Oven turns out to be Made in Taiwan, but for $5 and dim light I can be excused. It'll clean up great, and I'll be happy getting my $5 back if I can't get $10 out of it.

More nice finds, Ty. The Taiwan DO would be good for camping cookware instead of taking the good stuff. Craigslist might bring a quick sale for you. Usually does for me.

I'm hoping to make some good finds tomorrow on my trip through KC. I'm wondering what a Miami #8 is worth, I only saw one on ebay.

Thanks Steve, I'm pretty sure mine is in the later range having both FPW and Miami logo's. I'm thinking on at least some items, you can expect a above BB value price too, from watching average antique shop prices and ebay sales. I was sure thrilled the other day to grab a #9 Griswold LL for $19.50, now if I can get so lucky as to find the #10 for a comparable price.

Back