Weekend Find

Joe M

Just started picking up a few months ago. Started with a pile of old rusty stuff that had been piled outside in a fellows yard. This is what I gathered this weekend. I had about 8 or 10 pieces to start with and the rest are acquired and cleaned in the last few months. The hanging rack is an old 1940’s door frame. The cabinet was an old school cabinet that I modified. All are USA but about 4 pieces. I have about 15 - 20 pieces in the barn to clean. Family has lifted a few pieces off of me. They are mostly older Lodge, Griswold and BSR and a couple of others. Started with the vinegar and found this site. Now I use the vinegar, electrolysis and lye. Wouldn’t have near what I have without the CIC showing me how to clean and season. Still learning from him.

Attachments

• 7F2ECAE5-5433-4217-A8BC-40A1FDB69D7E.jpg
    7F2ECAE5-5433-4217-A8BC-40A1FDB69D7E.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 54
  • CF274B6A-4775-42A5-8D4E-03B5904D8A63.jpg
    CF274B6A-4775-42A5-8D4E-03B5904D8A63.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 54
  • 93751FA1-5F3D-4002-B822-A4EFE33B6DAC.jpg
    93751FA1-5F3D-4002-B822-A4EFE33B6DAC.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 47
Welcome to the Forums! You will learn a lot on here, and any questions you have, look for an answer, or post a topic, like you did here.

Nice collection and only a few months into collecting.

Who made the Bundt cake pan that you have? They are hard to come by.

I’m sorry. I asked my wife and neither my wife or I remember where we bought it. We might have bought it when we bought the 2 qt casserole dish. It is a Lodge. The bundt pan is unmarked. We have had both for a long time.

After giving it more thought (I’m 70 so sometimes thinking takes a little longer) we might have bought the bundt pan at one of the Cracker Barrel Stores. Like I said, it was a long time ago. I see the new ones say some modifications. I might go by one of the stores and see if they have it and if the changes are noticeable. This one is very thick aand heavy. Bakes some good cakes. I have an aluminum bundt pan that does good but has no soul. 😊

After giving it more thought (I’m 70 so sometimes thinking takes a little longer) we might have bought the bundt pan at one of the Cracker Barrel Stores. Like I said, it was a long time ago. I see the new ones say some modifications. I might go by one of the stores and see if they have it and if the changes are noticeable. This one is very thick aand heavy. Bakes some good cakes. I have an aluminum bundt pan that does good but has no soul. 😊
I have an aluminum one also and it isn't as good of a crust on the cakes. My CI pan is great.

Back