No-Name 12 7/16" cast iron skillet.

Phil N.

I just got a cast iron skillet from Ebay, and was wondering if anyone could identify the maker. It has at the 6 position 12 7/16 in. and right under it the number 10. It has an inset heat ring.

Sounds like a Birmingham Stove & Range Co. "Century" series produced sometime mid-1960s (if Made In USA at the 12 o'clock position, ~ 1967 or later). Although they usually have the markings inscribed "No. 10" and the diameter below it. Can you supply a photo of the bottom including the handle?

Edit: I see one on eBay. It appears to be BSR with a transitional marking. There are similar ones I've seen which have only the 10, as the older BSR "Red Mountain" series pans would have but smaller, and with other characteristics indicative of the "Century" pans (small pour spouts).

Info on identifying BSR and other unmarked pieces here: http://www.castironcollector.com/unmarked.php

Right now it is being stripped in a trash bag with oven cleaner. I thought it might be a BSR Century, but wasn't sure. It has small pour spouts. As soon as I get it seasoned after the stripping I will post a picture.

Hmmm, that's strange. I clicked on it twice and it took me to sign-on page. Third time it took me to the slideshow. I really dislike Photobucket.

That’s it I have one identical to it is that a good find? it cleaned up beautifully. What’s it value it was is big?

Back