ID Help

Kyle S.

A lady knows I like CI and she called me a few days ago wondering if I wanted to buy a casserole dish. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen one of these? Who made it and what a fair offer is? I do not know what it is called so I cannot find it online. It looks like CI to me, but it also looks like it could be aluminum. Any info would help.
Kyle

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 68
Kyle, that isn't what I'd call a casserole dish, but I guess you don't really care what it's called, do you? :grin:

As for what it's made of, if a magnet doesn't stick to it, it's not cast iron.

Is there a trademark on it? Or any kind marking? If yes, a picture of it would helpful.

I have two of them. Both made by WEAR-EVER. One is marked #918 the other one is marked #2223. They are aluminum or aluminum alloy but very heavy duty like magnalite. I would guess the #918 is older because the number is smaller and it looks like it had a rougher paper route than the #2223. Funny thing I never noticed until tonight that the #918 has about a quarter inch cut off the handle on the hole side and about a half inch off the other handle. Most likely so it would fit in a smaller size oven. I picked mine up at different times both dirt cheap at thrift stores but they are good users.

Back