Griddle ID

JeffreyL

A friend of mine asked me to clean this up for him, he found it in his barn in the rafters. The bottom is pitted to bad to see what markings were there. I can barely make out the location of markings, they are just above 6 o'clock but not quite in the center of the bottom. Any ideas on maker?
https://imgur.com/a/TwXnC

I have a griddle with a gate mark and raised 7 on the handle. The shape of the handle is very similar to yours, but maybe not exactly the same. No clue who made it. Sorry!

Not sure why I have this hunch, but that handle looks like Chicago to me. But there are no marks on this puppy, so I am not sure.

Is that a faint catalog number at the bottom?

I can't quite tell what it is, I've held it in the light in various ways trying to make something out, I've also went through both BB and RB, along with Internet image searches and I can't seem to find anything.

While seasoning this griddle tonight, I wiped on the first layer of crisco and I was able to recognize some markings, enough to identify it. The number 10 popped out, so with that and the shape of the handle I believe it's the "Wagner" griddle in upper left corner of page 242 of BB in size 10

Back