Wagner Ware 1081 skillet cover

KenK

I picked one up recently and wonder what it actually goes to. I have a Wagner Ware 1058 that it's too big and an older Wagner Ware #9 heat ring that it's a little to0 small. Is it for a 1059 skillet?

It fits one but not all versions of the 1088 chicken fryer.
Hello and TIA for any info. I recently got into CI collecting / restoration and purchased the 1081 lid in the pictures thinking it would fit my single arc logo skillet since they were both #8's. In a Facebook group someone told me the 1081 fits the stylized logo 1088's only. Is this accurate? I guess my real question is: Which 1088 fits my lid? Thanks again for any help.

s_l1600_(4).jpg

s_l1600_(2).jpg

The 1081 fits the earlier design 1088 deep skillet. Originally, the #8 deep had sidewalls that continued the flare angle of the regular #8, resulting in a wider top diameter. Later, Wagner remade the pattern with steeper sides, perhaps so that a regular #8 lid would also fit the deep. Subsequently, the 1088 had the pour spouts removed and it was supplied with a dutch oven style cover (no spout cover ears). Look for a smooth bottom #8 deep with a top ID of ~ 10-3/4".

Thanks, Doug. I appreciate the specific info and will start looking. I wish there was a heat ringed bottom for it, though. Oh well, que sera sera.

Back