Bsr or ?

Perry Weiher

I put this on another forum and was told it is not BSR according to Presidents of Foundry. All BSRs have heat rings. Can Someone clarify ?
Perry

Attachments

• PB070003.JPG
    PB070003.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 101
  • PB070004.JPG
    PB070004.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 104
It's BSR, as far as I know. You don't see too many smooth bottom BSR skillets, other than the chicken fryers and the occasional one of these. Can you tell if the inside was polish ground?

It is super smooth other than the nicks and scratches from utensils. The sides look like they may have stone marks but the bottom is so smooth from what looks like years of use that any marks are long gone.

It is super smooth other than the nicks and scratches from utensils. The sides look like they may have stone marks but the bottom is so smooth from what looks like years of use that any marks are long gone.
In the 'Identifying...No Name' section of Cast Iron Collector, it says,
(quote)"All BSR - Skillets: If heat ring, unbroken and inset - Ridge on bottom of skillet handle does not flatten out at sidewall of pan" (unquote)
The "If heat ring" leaves me to believe there are some pans w/o heat rings...???

The handle looks like BSR. Don't BSRs usually have a letter and a number on the bottom though? Or am I thinking of something else?

Back