help with a new pan

JHicks

I picked this up at a local auction today.
any ideas?
For being such a big pan, its 12" across the inside bottom, I can not believe how light it is.

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 61
It's a nice looking pan, but most of the time these unmarked pieces of that age go unidentified.. :-|

I could be way off base, but I always imagine a foundry that was making many other cast iron items being asked to make some skillets. They put them into production, produce a thousand or two for some small company and moving on.
Company sells skillets here and there and then moves on to selling something else.

I pretty much think of these as one off items, I've rarely seen two that looked exactly the same.

I mostly see these as smaller sizes, 7, 8... What are the dimensions of a number 12 this old?

I agree with Rick, "It's a nice looking pan, but most of the time these unmarked pieces of that age go unidentified.. "

A nice light early skillet. I like the helper handle opposite the handle.

You have a keeper. :icon_thumbsup:

It is 12 1/2" across the inside bottom, 14" across the outside rim, 15 5/8" spout to spout and 3 1/8" high.
I would have included pics but I have exceeded my storage capacity on this forum, perfectly understandable there have to be limits, so I am going to have to figure out how to either delete some previous post pictures or store them on a different site and link my posts to them.
Does anyone have any recommendations for off site storage of pictures?, and yes and I am ( like everyone else ) looking for free storage space.
regardless of what the pan is, for $10 I am a happy camper.
The other item I picked up is a Griswold #9 oval roaster in very good condition and I would love to show it off, But---
now this did NOT cost $10, it put a heck of a dent in my overtime savings,:eek: but when was the last time any of you saw one come up for sale?
any guess how much they are worth?
At this time I would rather not mention how much I payed for it, I am still trying to digest that part, but that too will fade in time.

No, payed less than that, but for me it was still a big chunk.
A lot of people out there who would not blink at that kind of $ but I am a working stiff so I blink, a lot.
No phone or internet bidding at this auction just the people in the room and the auctioneer was a riot, would still have had a blast even if I had not bid on anything.

Does anyone have any recommendations for off site storage of pictures?, and yes and I am ( like everyone else ) looking for free storage space.

Flickr offers 1tb of free storage.

Image below linked from Flickr.. If you decide to go with them, I can explain how to link to your images.

14686806220_507b24f714_z.jpg

========

At this time I would rather not mention how much I payed for it, I am still trying to digest that part, but that too will fade in time.

Woke up a couple days ago and asked myself, "Did you just spend that much on a pan!!!??" Yes, yes I did, and I don't want to talk about it either... :|

Hi Rick
I decided to go with Flickr, 1TB free storage is hard to pass by, I uploaded about 80 pics and made 2 albums, would you show me how to link the albums to this forum?
thanks
Joe

Back