Unidentified C I

The gem pan is a copy of a Waterman design. Corn stick pan looks like Lodge.The lids with the dripper points are also Lodge, the rule about ears/no ears only applies to BSR, which have dimples for drippers. The lid with the broken rings for drippers is Favorite, can't tell from the photo if the pot is a match, probably is. The chicken fryer with the scallops on the bottom is Lodge.

As long as it ain't warped, chipped, cracked, or pitted, any identifiable vintage iron that can be restored has value, IMO. I probably would have passed on the Lodge corn stick pan and the Wear Ever, though. The scallop bottomed Lodges are interesting. How's the inside on that dutch oven?

I'll have to go back and get more pictures. I don't remember the inside of the DO.

The reason I thought the lid with the broken concentric rings might be Martin is the picture on p 213 of the RB, even though the handle is completely different. How did you know it was a Favorite? Are there some other books I should buy?

Jack

I went back to the resale shop and took some more pictures to try and answer Dougs questions about the condition of the items. They are posted here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11839214 ... 9337421121

I also got some prices:
#7 Lodge DO with lid $30
#8 Favorite DO with lid $40
#5 BSR skillet $15
#9 Griswold New American waffel iron $70

I really wanted the skillet but that seemed high so I passed on everything. I would like very much to hear your comments about the pricing. This grasshopper has much to learn.

At my next stop I had better luck. I bought a very nice no name cornstick pan for $6. It will be my every day user (my son really likes cornbread sticks) Does anyone recognize the distinctive handles? After talking with the proprietor he remembered he has a box of 'left overs' from a garage sale. That box produced a nice #5 Lodge 3 notch and a #7 BSR. Both for $13 and both with excellent cooking surfaces.

The next day I went to a flea market and found what I think is a BSR chicken fryer. It is post 1960 buy the surfaces are machined all the way up the side of the pan. For $5 it should be a good user.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11839214 ... trT6qmi8QE

More photos of in process cleaning
https://plus.google.com/photos/11839214 ... daN4qbu5wE

jmoss said:
I also got some prices:
#7 Lodge DO with lid $30
#8 Favorite DO with lid $40
#5 BSR skillet $15
#9 Griswold New American waffel iron $70
All those prices seem a little high to me, for the condition they're in. Already restored, they might be worth that, but I don't care to pay a premium for the privilege of cleaning iron. If the Favorite had the trademark on the bottom, and I thought the inside wasn't pitted, I might go for it. The more I look at it, I'm not sure the pot is a Favorite.

At my next stop I had better luck. I bought a very nice no name cornstick pan for $6. It will be my every day user (my son really likes cornbread sticks) Does anyone recognize the distinctive handles? After talking with the proprietor he remembered he has a box of 'left overs' from a garage sale. That box produced a nice #5 Lodge 3 notch and a #7 BSR. Both for $13 and both with excellent cooking surfaces.
Good deals there. The stick pan is a BSR from the 1930s-40s.

The next day I went to a flea market and found what I think is a BSR chicken fryer. It is post 1960 buy the surfaces are machined all the way up the side of the pan. For $5 it should be a good user.
I have that same one, but just pre-"Made In USA". A good pan.

Back